[Stackless] Fwd: Mac build and dmg for website?

Jeff Senn senn at maya.com
Thu Oct 26 14:23:34 CEST 2006

On Oct 26, 2006, at 5:24 AM, Ronald Oussoren wrote:
> Could someone please verify that the installer does NOT install
> into a Python.framework, the build-installer.py script is the
> script that is used to build the installer for the stock python
> distribution and I'd prefer if stackless installed as a different
> framework because that makes it a lot easier to experiment with
> stackless without messing with your default python installation.

It does, in fact, install in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework

which is *not* the place that Apple puts the version that comes with
the Mac,
but it *is* the default place for a user-installed framework python
build.
As I mentioned, it's quite easy to run the installer to re-install
(it should leave
the site-packages alone) either Stackless or normal if you keep both
installers
sitting around.

I don't think anyone has gone to the trouble of figuring out all the
issues
in changing the install location...

-Jas