[Stackless] asyncore/chat or stackless for SMTP server?

Count László de Almásy calmasy at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 00:44:48 CEST 2006

On 10/18/06, Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com> wrote:
> Erlang is a good candidate for something like this too, but that
> requires learning a different langauge and paradigm. Bluetail
> implemented something kinda like this back in 1999 using Erlang (the
> Bluetail Mail Robustifier). I'm not aware of any open source SMTP
> server implementations for Erlang, though.

Thanks, I hadn't know about Erlang before, but it seems tailor made
for this task.  Provided I'm smart enough to learn functional
programming of course.
The other advantage is that Erlang seems much more accessible than
Stackless in the sense that it's packaged for popular OS's, has RPMs
available, compiles on Mac OS X, etc.