[Stackless] Build problem on Mac OS X (Intel)

Jeff Senn senn at maya.com
Thu Oct 26 14:23:14 CEST 2006

On Oct 25, 2006, at 10:45 PM, Peter Kropf wrote:

>> perhaps this should be the default for OS-X...
>>
>> Or possibly you want framework build... or universal?
>>    --enable-universalsdk
>>    --enable-framework
>
> I ave no idea what these do. Are the documented anywhere?

Hm.  We're probably off-topic for the stackless list, but I'll finish
the thread...

   --enable-universalsdk builds a version that is compiled to run
natively
     on both PPC and Intel.

   --enable-framework builds a version that uses the OS-X compatible way
     of building and linking libraries and includes a bunch more
stuff to
     make python Mac-ish including an "IDE".

Unfortunately a lot of the documentation is a bit out-dated, but you
find
some links here:
http://www.python.org/download/mac/
http://pythonmac.org/wiki/FAQ