[Stackless] Twisted and Stackless Re: An idea for making

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 15 05:52:48 CEST 2006

Hi Christopher:

>I have no idea how you got there. If you're using the
>usual connect and listen methods, connectTCP and
>listenTCP (and their siblings for UDP, SSL,
>etc), they will certainly not block.

To begin, here is Bob Ippolito's answer to my initial
problem.

>Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 12:34:45 -0700
>From: Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com>
>Subject: Re: [Stackless] Blocking Problem with
>Stackless Python and
>	Twisted
>To: Andrew Francis <andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com>
>Cc: stackless at stackless.com
delsp=yes; >format=flowed

>Twisted isn't designed for Stackless integration, and
>the approach you're taking simply will not work.

>Twisted does block on reactor.run(), and during each
>runloop  iteration it blocks waiting for a timeout or
>network activity (via  select or poll usually).

Looking at selectreactor, I see :

win32select(r, w, e, timeout=None)

I'll assume if timeout is None, select will block
indefinitely until some activity occurs. And I don't
see reactor.run() taking a parameter. So this
corresponds with Bob's explanation and my
observations. I haven't looked but I will assume
LoopCall under the hood sets the timeout on the
select.

Since I am new to Twisted, I would be pleased to hear
an explanation.