[Stackless] An idea for making Re: Twisted and Stackless

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 19 23:52:34 CEST 2006

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:58:17 -0400
From: "Christopher Armstrong"
<radix at twistedmatrix.com>
Subject: Re: An idea for making
To: stackless at stackless.com
>It is true that reactor.run() blocks,

As I previously stated, the block on reactor.run() was
the big problem. Again I thank Bob for pointing this
out to me. When fully functional, my WS-BPEL processor
will run many BPEL processes, each calling and
processing web services, so I can't have a
reactor.run() that blocks for a long time. My solution
was to use LoopCall to issue a stackless.schedule()
each second. This way, tasklets that were scheduled,
got a chance to run.

>but once you're inside the running reactor, you can
>end up using stackless in such a way as to not even

Agreed but getting to this stage was the problem.

Do You Yahoo!?

Stackless at stackless.com