[Stackless] stackless for gumstix

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 09:30:53 CEST 2006

On 8/31/06, Jeff Senn <senn at maya.com> wrote:
> On Aug 31, 2006, at 4:06 AM, Richard Tew wrote:
> > Does this mean the tasklet switching works?
>
> Appears to. (taskspeed.py and softhard.py seem to run ok... haven't
> tried much more than that).  I will probably get away with soft switches
> for my app in any case.

That would be enough for me to be convinced.

> > Have you tried
> > and ruled out an inline version of the switch function?  Sylvain
> > who was
> > recently getting it working for arm32 and the Zaurus had a version
> > which
> > he posted a link to.
>
> His arm32.patch looks pretty good for inclusion into SVN... if you're
> willing.
> It shouldn't break anyone else and would leave some bread-crumbs for the
> next person who stumbles along.

Can you do the following command on this platform, replacng the cpu
option with whatever cpu you are compiling for, and the thumb bit if
need be to get arm32 compilation?  Maybe the -m options are
pointless on your platform as the defaults would be the right ones
to compile for it.

gcc -mcpu=arm9tdmi -mthumb -dM -E -xc /dev/

Please email me the results.  I want to get this from several people
who do or do not have the frame pointer omitted and see if there is
some define there I can use to select the right switch function.

I'll add the arm32 patch when I get the energy to work through the
stackless related tasks I have been putting aside.

Thanks,