[Stackless] Stackless 2.5 branch updated for Python 2.5.1c1

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Sun Apr 15 16:00:05 CEST 2007

The failure of the universal newline test also happens in vanilla Python.
The reason is that VC8 produces an error when presented with the "U" mode
Character.
I have pointed this out to python-dev but had no response.
An obvious fix is to copy the function sanitize_the_mode() from
Fileobject.c to posixmodule.c, and call it before calling the fdopen()
Method.

Kristján