[Stackless] Fwd: Re: Compiling stackless with PyQt4?

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 18:04:15 CEST 2007

On 4/6/07, Miguel Turner <dhagrow+stackless at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had hoped to provide feedback on this earlier, but my work schedule is
> erratic. At any rate, the solution Richard provided works perfectly for me
> so I will be satisfied until a more permanent fix is found. Now if only

The solution I am leaning towards at this time is to ask the sip
maintainers to add a define like:

#ifndef STACKLESS
  {
#endif

So as to make sip safe to compile against Stackless.  And making a
general statement that where other projects create their own structs
featuring PyHeapTypeObject, binary incompatibility should be assumed
and compilation against Stackless is required with this initialisation
problem kept in mind.

> someone felt like getting Python and Stackless to compile in GCC on Windows
> *nudge nudge* :-). There is the pyMinGW project. I may attempt to see how
> difficult it would be to apply those changes to Stackless.

I don't know what you are refering to here, but I have compiled
Stackless with mingw on Windows for the Nintendo DS.