[Stackless] Fwd: Re: Compiling stackless with PyQt4?

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 09:56:39 CEST 2007

On 4/2/07, Caleb J. Howard <caleb at howlor.com> wrote:
> Hi...  So, pardon my inexperience.  Does this still bear on the segfault I was
> getting?  Should I hold out hope for a solution, or should I fall back upon
> an effort built on QThreads in PyQt4?
>
> I sure appreciate what I'm learning from reading the exchange, and I look
> forward to developing some fun things in Stackless Python real soon.

This is likely to be the reason for your problem.  But I do not think
anyone has tested PyQT with respect to this fix to see if it is the
cause for sure.

You could hold out hope for a solution.  Or modify your local copy of
sip in the described way before you compile it to bypass the gcc bug
which is causing the problem to be hidden, and then compile PyQT.

At this time I am not sure of how to change Stackless to be more
compatible with the approach sip has taken.  But I have not spent any
time looking into it so far.

But you should take the approach that works for you, whether that
means using Qthreads or compiling sip and PyQt with the fix.