[Stackless] Stackless WSGI http server..

Alec Flett alecf at flett.org
Tue Apr 10 23:27:16 CEST 2007

Ok, another update:

It turns out I thought the server was blocking but it was just Firefox
trying to reuse http sockets for keepalive...so when I reloaded 2 tabs at
once, one tab was waiting on the other. Doh! :)

I was actually able to just derive the Stackless HTTP Server class from the
WSGIServer class and then it behaves as expected... and it flies! I'm really
excited about this solution - I've already put together a little mini
appserver for what I'm trying to accomplish.

Also, there's a typo in stacklesssocket.py - probably originally from a
comment I posted here a while back...

The code for handle_connect currently says:
            stackless.socket(self.connectChannel.send)(None)
and should say:
            stackless.tasklet(self.connectChannel.send)(None)

Now the next problem - how to use stacklessocket to do some kind of
asynchat-like behavior (read/write chatty protocol terminated by linefeeds)
for a separate socket connection I'm using. stacklessocket seems to
constantly block my code on the read if the client calls socket.recv() with
a bigger buffer than is available immediately.

Alec