[Stackless] Santa concurrency problem

Stephan Diehl stephan.diehl at gmx.net
Thu Apr 12 12:09:34 CEST 2007


I think I've fixed it (see http://dpaste.com/hold/8360/)
The problem seemed to be that the 'stackless.run' method doesn't check 
if there are any waiting tasklets left. The monkeypatched stackless.run 
does the trick. Other than that, I've only done some tiny, little fixes.

Stephan

Carlos Eduardo de Paula wrote:
> Returning to our santa example, I tried to use the new Timing approach on it.
> 
> I applied it monkeypatching the sleep function but found a problem,
> when using the old approach (ManageSleep) the app runs forever but
> when I started using this one, the app stops running after random
> time. I think its a problem related to the management of the blocked
> tasklets...
> 
> The code can be seen here:
> 
> http://dpaste.com/hold/7800/
> 
> 
> Carlos
> 
> On 3/30/07, Christian Tismer <tismer at stackless.com> wrote:
>> On 30.03.2007, at 18:37, Carlos Eduardo de Paula wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Chris,
>>>
>>> take a look at the changes I made in QueuedTimer, It now uses a
>>> heapq.. I kept the old way commented just for clarification.. Do you
>>> think it performs better now or its the same.
>> looks pretty good.
>> I think we simply use it and trash my silly dict approach.
>>
> 
> 


_______________________________________________
Stackless mailing list
Stackless at stackless.com
http://www.stackless.com/mailman/listinfo/stackless



More information about the Stackless mailing list