[Stackless] Stackless 2.5 branch updated for Python 2.5.1c1

Santiago Gala sgala at apache.org
Sun Apr 15 13:42:13 CEST 2007

El sáb, 14-04-2007 a las 13:21 +0000, Richard Tew escribió:
> Hi,
>
> As I noticed in passing on the daily Python URL web site a reference
> to a Python 2.5.1 release candidate 1, I decided to get the process of
> getting Stackless ready for 2.5.1 on the way.  To this end, I have
> merged the changes to the mainline Python 2.5 branch into the
> Stackless 2.5 branch.
>
> Here is the nice marked up view of the repository:
>   http://svn.python.org/view/stackless/branches/release25-maint/
>
> And the address you can use SVN to obtain the source code from:
>   http://svn.python.org/projects/stackless/branches/release25-maint/
>
> The merge was without problems, as far as I can tell having used the
> build environment I have to test the resulting code.  I have not
> tested the unix build environment or the MacOS one, so if people could
> do that, it would be appreciated.  These related uncertainties need to
> be resolved:
>
>  - Is 'configure.in' still valid or has the merge broken it?
>  - Is 'configure' still valid or has the merge broken it?
>  - Do you get Stackless unit test failures on your platform?
>  - Do you get Python regression test failures on your platform?
>
> My platform is Windows using Visual C++ Express (VS8).  However I
> compiled using PCbuild rather than PCbuild8, so that may explain the
> one test failure I have.  A test failure I should note I had before
> the merge.  I also did not compile any extensions which have any
> dependencies the user is expected to install or provide.
>
> I would appreciate confirmation that these platforms still compile
> this newly updated Stackless branch ok and that no tests fail
> (comments on the uncertainties above not being problems as well):
>
>  - MacOS
>  - Unix / Linux / Posix / Whatever
>  - Windows with VS7.
>
> For those who do not know, after compilation, you can run the tests in
> this manner (mocked up to suit *nix manner here):
>
> $ cd release25-main
> $ ./python Lib/test/regrtest.py
> ... test output ... (please send failures to this list)
> $ cd Stackless/unittests
> $ ../../python runAll.py
> ... test output ... (send failures to the list)

linux amd64 (Core 2 Duo) results:

(python 2.5 regression tests, on the stackless version)
283 tests OK.
38 tests skipped:
    test_aepack test_al test_applesingle test_bsddb185 test_bsddb3
    test_cd test_cl test_codecmaps_cn test_codecmaps_hk
    test_codecmaps_jp test_codecmaps_kr test_codecmaps_tw test_curses
    test_dbm test_dl test_gl test_imageop test_imgfile
    test_linuxaudiodev test_macfs test_macostools test_nis
    test_normalization test_ossaudiodev test_pep277 test_plistlib
    test_rgbimg test_scriptpackages test_socket_ssl test_socketserver
    test_startfile test_sunaudiodev test_timeout test_urllib2net
    test_urllibnet test_winreg test_winsound test_zipfile64
1 skip unexpected on linux2:
    test_dbm

$ ../../python runAll.py
..........E......F.E..............
ERROR: testGeneratorScheduling (test_pickle.TestConcretePickledTasklets)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./test_pickle.py", line 228, in testGeneratorScheduling
    self.run_pickled(genschedoutertest, 20, 13)
  File "./test_pickle.py", line 156, in run_pickled
    ip.run()
  File "./test_pickle.py", line 17, in accumulate
    rval = (ident, func(*args))
  File "./test_pickle.py", line 103, in genschedoutertest
    for x in genschedinnertest(n, when):
RuntimeError: cannot execute invalid frame with 'gen_iternext_callback':
frame had a C state that can't be restored.

ERROR: Same as 1, but with a pickled unrun tasklet.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./test_miscell.py", line 62, in test_aliveness2
    self.lifecycle(t_new)
  File "./test_miscell.py", line 31, in lifecycle
    res = stackless.run(10)
RuntimeError: cannot execute invalid frame with 'run_cframe': frame had
a C state that can't be restored.

FAIL: testXrange (test_pickle.TestConcretePickledTasklets)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./test_pickle.py", line 197, in testXrange
    self.run_pickled(xrangetest, 20, 13)
  File "./test_pickle.py", line 164, in run_pickled
    self.assertEquals(new_rval, old_rval)
AssertionError: -3811347664868474861 != 19

Ran 34 tests in 1.641s

FAILED (failures=1, errors=2)
...................EF.............
ERROR: Same as 1, but with a pickled unrun tasklet.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./test_miscell.py", line 62, in test_aliveness2
    self.lifecycle(t_new)
  File "./test_miscell.py", line 31, in lifecycle
    res = stackless.run(10)
RuntimeError: cannot execute invalid frame with 'run_cframe': frame had
a C state that can't be restored.

FAIL: Same as 1, but with a pickled run(slightly) tasklet.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./test_miscell.py", line 107, in test_aliveness3
    self.assertEquals(t.recursion_depth, 0)
AssertionError: -1 != 0

Ran 34 tests in 1.416s

FAILED (failures=1, errors=1)