[Stackless] Stackless 2.5.1 on Windows Vista

Carlos Eduardo de Paula carlosedp at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 14:15:29 CEST 2007

Morning,

Yesterday night I compiled Stackless on my home computer. I just
installed Vista on it and VisualC++ 2005 Express with its patches and
latest Platform SDK R2.

Everything compiled OK, I installed the stock Python 2.5.1c1
distribution and then substituted the original files with the
stackless ones.

Running the tests I found out that test_bz2 crashes on Vista when
using the Stackless DLL.

With the stock DLL everything went fine, then I grabbed bzip2 sources
and compiled the bz2 module myself generating the .pyd. With this,
test_bz2 ran perfectly.

I also had problems with test_platform, test_pep352 and
test_subprocess but i dont have the full error here. I also replaced
the DLL compiled on Vista with the one I compiled here at work (XP)
and the same problems happened.

Do anyone has a Vista box to test if its confined in my install or its
an incompatibility.

Regards,
Carlos