[Stackless] Greylisting is great

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Tue Aug 28 21:39:00 CEST 2007

Hi friends,

as it appears, the greylisting setup seems to work fine.
I just wanted to express my happiness with that.
The spam rate has been reduced by a factor of 10-20.
And the best of it:
All the Via*** and Pe***-enhancement crap, and also
the spam sitting in graphics has vanished.

This also seems to reduce traffic tremendously, since
the overall amount of spam delivery attempts seems
to go down. Obviously the spammers seem to avoid
to try my machine for a while.

No idea if I'm missing some real emails by this.
Well, maybe I will never know :-)

In the end, I now get only high quality spam :-)

Which reduces the load for the spam detector which
I consider to install, sometime (probably dspam).

cheers - chris