[Stackless] Eliminating Busy Waits and Unnecssary Sleeps

Edward Faulkner ef at alum.mit.edu
Wed Aug 8 21:46:05 CEST 2007

On 8/8/07, Carlos Eduardo de Paula <carlosedp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here we have one problem, it doesnt works on windows. Only socket
> objects can be "selected" on this platform.

True.  It would be fairly straightforward to reimplement with
select.select instead of select.poll, which I think would work for
sockets (but not files) in windows.  I chose poll because it scales
better for high numbers of connections.

I tested it on Mac and Linux.  I don't have any Windows boxes so it
didn't occur to me to think about it until now.

As I mention on the web page, this isn't intended as a library that
you can just drop in and use.  It would need quite a bit of work (and
documentation) to bring it to that point.  I just hope people get some
value out of reading it and applying the ideas to their own
applications.

regards,
Ed