[Stackless] The case for Twisted

Edward Faulkner ef at alum.mit.edu
Thu Aug 9 18:39:35 CEST 2007

I think much of the confusion around this topic is caused by
stacklesssocket, which contains its own rather-limited event loop.

It is a bad idea to build a real application on stacklesssocket.
Using twisted's reactor would be a much better choice.  You could even
still do monkey-patching and give it the same public interface.

I already had my own event loop, as I've been doing unix asynchronous
IO for a long time, and already learned the hard way where all the
pitfalls are.  I agree that it's hard to get right, and should not be
undertaken lightly, unless it's just for fun.

regards,
Ed