[Stackless] Stackless on Mac OSX

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Tue Aug 7 16:20:02 CEST 2007

Answering myself after solving this.

I'm currently using the head revision of Stackless, that's
even above Python 2.5. But it seems to work.

First, compiling extensions is a bit problematic
with Stackless' current layout of its include files.
If stackless ist just built and not installed and you
try to build an extension, you get complaints because stackless.h is
not found.

We should do something about that at some time.
Right now, the easy way out was to make install,
because then the includes are right.

Another thing was that I did not know how to install
PyObjC other than though the provided package.

What I did was a bit crude but just worked:
Putting some symlinks from the already installed PyObjC
to the stackless site-packages just did the job.
There are complaints about API version which I ignored.

This is all not recommended for production code, but
was good enough to try out some PyGame stackless demos.

cheers - chris   (yes this is a hack)