[Stackless] Stackless WSGI server

Tim Kientzle tim at metaweb.com
Thu Aug 23 00:07:36 CEST 2007

a) You can do useful things without a database. ;-)

b) There are workarounds.  You can, for example, have a separate process
or thread that handles all database I/O asynchronously from the main
server.  You can use the current stacklessfile implementation as a
template for how to do this yourself.

c) Rumor has it that there's a pure-Python MySQL driver in the works
that should be pretty easily adaptable to non-blocking stackless operation:

 From <http://mysql-python.blogspot.com/> for April 30, 2007:
"Jess Balint of MySQL AB has written a pure Python MySQL driver that
looks pretty functional. I'll have more on this in my next post..."

Tim Kientzle