[Stackless] OpenSSL problem Re: Stackless Digest, Vol 47, Issue 1

Carlos Eduardo de Paula carlosedp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 17:43:03 CET 2007

Good news,

since Microsoft released Visual Studio 2008 and its Express free
version, a guy have already made a patch and it has been incorporated
into mainline python trunk and py3k branches. A distutils patch will
follow.

I checked-out the stackless trunk (2.6a) and merged these changes from
the mainline trunk into it. It compiled fine after adding the
stackless files in the solution.

Carlos

On Dec 6, 2007 7:41 AM, Lars Immisch <lars at ibp.de> wrote:

> > AFAIK the Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 doesn't exist any more and has
> > been replaced by Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition.  This won't do what you
> > need it to ie: compile against the 7.1 libraries.
>
> I have recently used cygwin and MinGW to compile Python extensions
> linked against msvcr71.dll.
>
> Unfortunately, this is a bit tricky to set up, because MinGW by default
> links with msvcrt.dll, while python links with msvcr71.dll.
>
> Mixing C runtimes is dangerous. Don't do it if memory is allocated in
> one DLL is freed in another, or if you interchange FILE*, or...
>
> There are a few workarounds published on the net. I edited the gcc spec
> file to replace msvcrt.dll with msvcr71.dll and rebuilt libmoldname.a as
> described in the pygame wiki:
>
> http://www.pygame.org/wiki/PreparingMinGW?parent=MingW
>
> Also, you need instruct distutils to use MinGW32. It can be done on the
> commandline, as in:
>
> setup.py build_ext --compiler=mingw32
>
> Or edit $PYTHON\Lib\distutils\distutils.cfg to contain:
>
> [build]
> compiler=mingw32
>
> - Lars

Visit Stackless Examples Project