[Stackless] compiling on a Mac

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Sun Dec 9 05:12:50 CET 2007

Just 'cause I like repeating myself myself, this problem about
compiling on Mac is still present, and the solution is the same:

On Feb 13, 2007, at 6:02 PM, Andrew Dalke wrote:
> On Feb 13, 2007, at 6:42 AM, Jeff Senn wrote:
>>> ./configure --enable-universalsdk --enable-stacklessfewerregisters
>>
>> Yeah...yeah... we should fix the default configure options... a
>> "real"
>> OS-X person though will generally want to build the installer by
>> using:
>>
>> python Mac/BuildScript/build-installer.py
>
> I didn't know that.  My unix heritage is showing through.  And
> I wanted to change the binary name and location so there's no
> chance of overriding the system install.
>
>> I'll try to correct the configure script...
>> (gah... I always feel like I'm trying to add some new card
>> to a giant, delicate house-of-cards every time I edit the configure
>> script...)
>
> I know that feeling.  :)

(The "build-installer.py" requires tools I don't have on my setup.)

I'm building from the current version out of SVN, as of a few hours
ago.  Also, during the build I saw this warning:

Stackless/module/stacklessmodule.c:1047: warning: function
declaration isn't a prototype

which comes from

static int init_stackless_methods()

and should be