[Stackless] tracing Stackless events

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 23:49:06 CET 2007

On Dec 21, 2007 12:50 AM, Andrew Dalke <dalke at dalkescientific.com> wrote:
> If this is a cyclic queue, why is it that the test is for all visited
> elements
>
> while t not in l:
>
> instead of checking explicitly for the first element?  That is, why not

When I write answers to posts people make about Stackless, I tend to
see what methods are available on the stackless module and its
classes.  Then I experiment with it and work out how to do what they
ask.  The code I give is what I looked for and found out myself, and
illustrates something, but doesn't make a point of doing it in the
best way.  It isn't reference code I dig up from somewhere :-)

This is something I also find problematic with example modules and
idioms I have written.  Rather than looking at what that code does
with Stackless and then using that knowledge to make sure their use of
that functionality is best applied, I often get people who just hook
in the sub-optimal example code into their application.