[Stackless] The Future of Stackless

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Wed Dec 26 23:08:19 CET 2007

On Dec 25, 2007, at 7:32 PM, Andrew Francis wrote:
> Okay, I read the FAQ and have heard some of these
> arguments before. However these approaches strike me
> as a "boil the ocean" solution. Perhaps a simpler
> solution will please 80% of the users whom wish to
> exploit multiple CPUs.

Feel free to work on it.

> I guess my point is that it would be desirable to have
> some conceptual model that allows us to analyse issues
> and steadily improve Stackless Python's power and
> performance.

My point is that the implementation, based as it is in CPython, will
not be able to support those improvements without a huge amount of
work.  Too much of it assumes the GIL.  If you're going to do all
that work, perhaps it's more interesting to work on something like PyPy.

				Andrew
				dalke at dalkescientific.com