[Stackless] rough PyCon'07 draft; feedback wanted

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Tue Feb 13 18:02:46 CET 2007

On Feb 13, 2007, at 6:42 AM, Jeff Senn wrote:
> I just replace the normal python -- I've had zero problems with that.

I did show there's some additional function call overhead
in Stackless Python so it's slightly slower even if there
are no bugs.  Almost certainly not enough to affect most people.

>> ./configure --enable-universalsdk --enable-stacklessfewerregisters
>
> Yeah...yeah... we should fix the default configure options... a "real"
> OS-X person though will generally want to build the installer by
> using:
>
> python Mac/BuildScript/build-installer.py

I didn't know that.  My unix heritage is showing through.  And
I wanted to change the binary name and location so there's no
chance of overriding the system install.

> I'll try to correct the configure script...
> (gah... I always feel like I'm trying to add some new card
> to a giant, delicate house-of-cards every time I edit the configure
> script...)

I know that feeling.  :)

				Andrew
				dalke at dalkescientific.com