[Stackless] rough PyCon'07 draft; feedback wanted

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Tue Feb 13 22:20:06 CET 2007

Stephan Diehl wrote:

> I guess that that's the main thing with stackless. There are no real
> examples of anything out there that goes beyond example/play code. And I
> certainly guilty as well for not doing some projects with stackless.
> So, in short, I could give you only trivial examples. :-(

Just for the records, we did a large Stackless project together
with five people, remember?

The project cannot be shown, unfortunately, but there are a lot
of worker task implementations which might be useful to look at.
I don't think we can make the prject public, but feel free
to rip out some sample code.

> Isn't Christian giving a talk on stackless as well? Have you talked to
> each other? Maybe you could complement each other a bit.

The talks are pretty disjoint. But if the pickling is not touched
at all, I can mention it and give a small, but impressing
example (pickle in the middle of a recursion and wake up
in this recursion on another machine)

ciao - chris