[Stackless] send_exception does not take an instance

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 10:02:34 CET 2007

On 2/20/07, Andrew Dalke <dalke at dalkescientific.com> wrote:
> While I don't use it in this case, I pass sys.exc_info() around
> so the full stack trace is available in the calling tasklet.
> This replicates existing Stackless behavior for send_exception.
>
> This is inelegant at best, though it works.  I think Stackless
> should have a way to send an instance of Exception or derived
> class as well.
>
> Please let me know if there is a better solution.  If not,
> consider this a feature request.

This used to happen with channel.send where exception instances
sent were raised on the other side.  I do not recall why it was removed
and am unable to find out why with a search of the mailing list archives.

Christian, do you recall why this was not supported when you made
these changes?  I have a feeling that it was a specific decision for
some good reason.