[Stackless] Pickling Example Re: rough PyCon'07 draft; feedback wanted

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 14 16:07:27 CET 2007

Hello Christian and Colleagues:

> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 13:20:06 -0800
> From: Christian Tismer <tismer at stackless.com>
> Subject: Re: [Stackless] rough PyCon'07 draft;
> feedback wanted
> To: Stephan Diehl <stephan.diehl at gmx.net>
> Cc: stackless at stackless.com

>The talks are pretty disjoint. But if the pickling is
>not touched at all, I can mention it and give a
small, >but impressing example (pickle in the middle
of a >recursion and wake up in this recursion on
another >machine)

This sounds cool. I have a fairly good idea about how
to pickle an entire application and move it to another
machine. Still if you could show the example that
would be great.

However is it possible to pickle related tasklets that
were waiting on channels, and move them to another
machine. Sort of a more selective process migration. I
would figure this would be more difficult since
channel references would have to be kludged?

Cheers,
Andrew