[Stackless] rough PyCon'07 draft; feedback wanted

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Wed Feb 14 18:32:52 CET 2007

Hi Steve,
> I personally wouldn't feel comfortable with much more than 20
> slides for
> a 40-minute presentation. Everyone has their own measure, though, so
> just make sure you rehearse it enough to be confident of maintaining
> your time line, and nominate a few slides to be dropped/glossed
> over as
> necessary.

I am concerned about that as well so to estimate velocity I
looked just now at my EuroPython talk from last year. I had
44 slides with 3 fillers and 3 of quick background, so 38
slides for a 30 minute time slot.

The little feedback I got suggests it was a well received
talk with fast but not overly so pacing.

If anyone here has heard otherwise, please let me know.

The slide / time ratio is about the same as the Stackless
talk is shaping up to be I'll wait and see how things go
once I have the slides done enough to do a first rehearsal.

> It looks like an excellent introductory presentation of Stackless.

Thanks!

				Andrew
				dalke at dalkescientific.com