[Stackless] rough PyCon'07 draft; feedback wanted

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Tue Feb 13 19:42:37 CET 2007

On Feb 13, 2007, at 11:22 AM, Stephan Diehl wrote:
> Isn't Christian giving a talk on stackless as well? Have you talked to
> each other? Maybe you could complement each other a bit.

That's a good point.  Christian?  Is there any feedback or comments
you can give me about your presentation that might affect what
I talk about?  From your abstract I don't think they are close
enough to affect each other, but let me know if otherwise.

Here's the abstract (for those in the general Stackless list):

   The Essentials of Stackless Python

   As a surprise for people who think they know Stackless,
   we present the new Stackless implementation For PyPy,
   which has led to a significant amount of new insight
   about parallel programming and its possible implementations.
   We will isolate the known Stackless as a special case of
   a general concept.

   This is a Stackless, not a PyPy talk. But the insights presented
   here would not exist without PyPy's existance.

				Andrew
				dalke at dalkescientific.com