[Stackless] Stackless Digest, Vol 37, Issue 5

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 13 13:26:43 CET 2007

Hello Andrew:

<01654463-0CF6-4E94-8F0A-10F79F823D48 at dalkescientific.com>
> delsp=yes; format=flowed

>    I'm sending it now for review and feedback.  Some
> specific questions are: - what should I stress

Andrew, my first piece of advice is establish
Stackless Python's unique strengths quickly.
Consequently my first example would be that of a
normal threading example and a tasklet example. Then I
scale up the number of executing threads and tasklets.
The audience will quickly notice the difference.

/ deemphasize?

>Are the examples interesting to people (eg, XML
>processing,

Concerning XML. I think people would argue that one
could use generators.

> handling blocking function calls and I/O)?

Concerning the networking. I would state the
fundamental problem with blocking I/O. Then I briefly
discuss the solution. I would show an example using
Twisted. Stackless/Twisted networking examples are so
much cleaner and more productive.

>    - am I missing something obvious?

I think pickling is really cool. The pickling of
execution state is the main reason I use Stackless.