[Stackless] rough PyCon'07 draft; feedback wanted

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Feb 14 17:00:04 CET 2007

Andrew Dalke wrote:
> On Feb 13, 2007, at 2:20 PM, Christian Tismer wrote:
>> The talks are pretty disjoint. But if the pickling is not touched
>> at all, I can mention it and give a small, but impressing
>> example (pickle in the middle of a recursion and wake up
>> in this recursion on another machine)
>
> I've done a preliminary pass at coming up with slides.  I've
> about 45 which is the right range for a 40 minute talk. I'm
> dropping:
>    - file sniffing
>    - alternatives to the spam&eggs example

For the record, I'd suggest that you will have to maintain a very brisk
pace to cover more than one slide per minute, especially given that
slides will include code.

I personally wouldn't feel comfortable with much more than 20 slides for
a 40-minute presentation. Everyone has their own measure, though, so
just make sure you rehearse it enough to be confident of maintaining
your time line, and nominate a few slides to be dropped/glossed over as
necessary.

It looks like an excellent introductory presentation of Stackless.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Skype: holdenweb     http://del.icio.us/steve.holden