[Stackless] Stackless / Networking

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 21 18:40:59 CET 2007

Hello Greg and Colleagues:

--- ghazel at gmail.com wrote:

> So you could approach it one of two obvious ways.
> Either you could have Twisted periodically call
>stackless.schedule(), on say a LoopingCall.

I have tried this. If you visit Stackless Digest,
Volume 29, issue 9 (Jun 28th), I outline this
approach. Later on, I started to run into problems
that were difficult to track down.

> I use a third mechanism, which is that tasklets use
> channels to "block" until a deferred they're waiting
>on completes - the deferred is given a
> callback that sends the result back to the channel
> then calls stackless.schedule.

This is like Chris Armstrong's approach. I also use
this approach. Again, visit Stackless Digest Volume
29, issue 2. Here you will encounter my conversation
with Bob Ippolito.

Cheers,
Andrew