[Stackless] can I run the scheduler in debug mode?

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 19:14:09 CET 2007

On 2/28/07, Paul Sijben <sijben at eemvalley.com> wrote:
>  right, looks like setting a socket in blocking mode is a bad idea when you
> also want tasklets to work.

Yes.  It blocks the VM.

>  My code seems to be hanging on the recvfrom, and the only way to get that
> to work is to use a blocking socket.
>
>  time for a redesign and back to the ol' drawing board.

I am not sure what you mean by having to use a blocking socket.

I have updated the stacklesssocket module in SVN to support UDP.  It is
not guaranteed to be correct, but it should demonstrate the basic way in
which this sort of thing should work.  I have made some assumptions in
doing this...  so if you spot some inconsistency from how blocking sockets
should work then please let me know.

Hope this helps,