[Stackless] Ca not send NONE into a channel? (was Re: timeout on channel receive)

Paul Sijben sijben at eemvalley.com
Mon Feb 26 12:36:28 CET 2007

seems then that my attempt at reproducing it failed.

In the mean time I found that my workaround does not solve the
scheduling/deadlock problem I am having either so I'll have to swat that
bug first anyway.

but thanks for the feedback, it's always good to know I am blaming the
wrong thing. ;-)

Lloyd Weehuizen wrote:
> Hey Paul
>
> As far as I'm aware that is not supposed to happen. A fair amount of
> my code sends None down channels correctly.
>
> Any way you can reproduce this?
>
> Cheers,
> Lloyd
>
> On 26/02/2007, at 11:45 PM, Paul Sijben wrote:
>

>> OK looked at asyncore and at my code. A relaxing weekend helped me
>> to quickly figure out what's wrong.
>>
>> I am several steps further ahead in the issues of scheduling and
>> locking.
>>
>> Running into the problem that I am trying to put None into a
>> channel, finding that the receiver never receives anything and
>> hence keeps waiting forever.
>>
>> Is this supposed to happen? (so should I workaround or file a bug?)
>>
>> Paul
>>

>> Richard Tew wrote:

>>> You need to look at asyncore :-) Richard.

Paul Sijben                    	tel: +31334566488
Eemvalley Technology       	fax: +31334557523
the Netherlands                	http://eemvalley.com