[Stackless] timeout on channel receive

Paul Sijben sijben at eemvalley.com
Thu Feb 22 17:26:07 CET 2007

Ok I have played with this channel. Looks like the problem I am running
into is linked to something else scheduling related.

I'll try and move my entire communications stack to stackless but to do
that I need to extend the stacklesssocket to handle UDP and more
specifically recvfrom.

Could you please explain how stacklesssocket works. I am having problems
following the flow of control down to the real recv. I think I would be
able to add recvfrom once I understand what recv is doing.

Richard Tew wrote:
> On 2/21/07, Paul Sijben <sijben at eemvalley.com> wrote:
>>  yes please! I do not quite understand yet which standard python
>> things work
>> with stackless and  which to avoid.
> Here is an example of recieve calls timing out.  It requires all
> receive calls
> on a given channel to time out after the same period of time but it
> should
> be a starting point.
> http://svn.python.org/view/stackless/sandbox/examples/channelWithReceiveTimeout.py
>>  BTW: I am looking for a overview of all the features of the stackless
>> module but I can not find it. Am I just looking in the wrong place?
> Not really.  Documentation is pretty lacking for Stackless.  And this is
> one thing I can't point you to.  Well, you could play with the stackless
> module in the interpreter, or read the source code, but that is a
> second rate suggestion.
> Richard.

Paul Sijben                    	tel: +31334566488
Eemvalley Technology       	fax: +31334557523
the Netherlands                	http://eemvalley.com

Stackless mailing list
Stackless at stackless.com