[Stackless] timeout on channel receive

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 20:27:03 CET 2007

On 2/22/07, Paul Sijben <sijben at eemvalley.com> wrote:
> Could you please explain how stacklesssocket works. I am having problems
> following the flow of control down to the real recv. I think I would be
> able to add recvfrom once I understand what recv is doing.

This is a very general question.  Trying to answer it might not address
what you want to know.  I will give a general answer, but I doubt that
it will help.  Feel free to follow up  with more specific questions :-)

There are two parts to the stacklesssocket module.

 - The use of stackless channels to wrap callbacks, in order to make
   the functionality provided through those callbacks accessible
   wrapped comfortably behind a function call.

 - The wrapping of the asyncore module with an interface taking
   advantage of stackless channels in order to work like the
   socket module.

And that is it.  Pretty much all of the code implements the second
part. The first part is just such a simple thing to do with Stackless
and its channels that it takes little code.

Hope this is a start,