[Stackless] timeout on channel receive

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 18:48:57 CET 2007

On 2/21/07, Paul Sijben <sijben at eemvalley.com> wrote:
>  yes please! I do not quite understand yet which standard python things work
> with stackless and  which to avoid.

Here is an example of recieve calls timing out.  It requires all receive calls
on a given channel to time out after the same period of time but it should
be a starting point.

http://svn.python.org/view/stackless/sandbox/examples/channelWithReceiveTimeout.py

>  BTW: I am looking for a overview of all the features of the stackless
> module but I can not find it. Am I just looking in the wrong place?

Not really.  Documentation is pretty lacking for Stackless.  And this is
one thing I can't point you to.  Well, you could play with the stackless
module in the interpreter, or read the source code, but that is a
second rate suggestion.