[Stackless] Installation problem

Ray Gallagher omyar_hunt at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 16 00:25:46 CET 2007

Hi folks. I'm new to stackless but already a big fan. I'm having a problem with installing third party libraries (particularly SQLAlchemy) in the Stackless context.

I'm running Ubuntu, and had "normal?" Pyton installed through apt. Loads of packages are dependent on this Python, and when I went to install Stackless it broke everything. So I just left it compiled and running in a directory off my home directory. It works fine, but only using the default libraries that come with the Stackless distribution.

As an example, I tried pointing PYTHONPATH at the library directory where SQLAlchemy was built. It imported, but trying to create an instance gave this error :
NameError: global name 'CLIENT_FLAGS' is not defined
which seems to mean a global variable the driver for that database replies on isn't set. So I assume the installation script need to be run properly in order to have it work.

So my question is: how do I install third party Python libraries in this seperate Stackless installation?

thanks,

Ray