[Stackless] Installation problem

Ray Gallagher omyar_hunt at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 21 13:46:56 CET 2007

That's great, worked a treat, thanks a lot, that was driving me nuts. I also found some extra info and "virtual python"script which was really helpfule... so if for anyone who's interested...

How to install Stackless Python in it's own little sandbox.

1. Download the stackless source and build it (don't install it) - you will find that running python from this directory starts stackless just fine

2. download virtual_python.py (http://peak.telecommunity.com/dist/virtual-python.py) and run it with the stackless executable specifying where you want stackless to be installed. This will create a virtual installation of stackless python in your home directory, with appropriate symlinks to all the executables and libraries.

3. Grab ez_setup.py (http://peak.telecommunity.com/dist/ez_setup.py) and run this through your virtual (stackless) install.
3a. It will download and install the current version of easy_install and install it to the new virtual stackless dir.

4. Install something (I dunno - SQLAlchemy is a good place to start)

All this info was found at : http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall#custom-installation-locations