[Stackless] Installation problem

Aleksandar Radulovic maurice.chavez at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 10:15:54 CET 2007

Hi Ray,

You can install setuptools package to your stackless python
installation and get the easy_install tool to install additional
packages. Remember to install easy_install in a separate bin directory
away from your normal python.

Installing SQLAlchemy is a breeze with the tool, just by doing:
# /path/to/stackless/setuptools/easy_install sqlalchemy

-alex.

On 1/15/07, Ray Gallagher <omyar_hunt at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi folks. I'm new to stackless but already a big fan. I'm having a problem with installing third party libraries (particularly SQLAlchemy) in the Stackless context.
>
> I'm running Ubuntu, and had "normal?" Pyton installed through apt. Loads of packages are dependent on this Python, and when I went to install Stackless it broke everything. So I just left it compiled and running in a directory off my home directory. It works fine, but only using the default libraries that come with the Stackless distribution.
>
> As an example, I tried pointing PYTHONPATH at the library directory where SQLAlchemy was built. It imported, but trying to create an instance gave this error :
> NameError: global name 'CLIENT_FLAGS' is not defined
> which seems to mean a global variable the driver for that database replies on isn't set. So I assume the installation script need to be run properly in order to have it work.
>
> So my question is: how do I install third party Python libraries in this seperate Stackless installation?
>
> thanks,
>
> Ray

Pozdrav / Regards
Aleksandar