[Stackless] Download file names

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 00:04:22 CET 2007

On 1/26/07, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:
> I just went to
>
>    http://www.stackless.com/download
>
> to get Stackless for my 2.4.2 Windows distribution. Happy to see it told
> me I needed to upgrade to 2.4.3 (and even happier that I hadn't already
> upgraded to 2.4.4 ... is a 2.4.4 distribution planned?)

Since I had to wait around for a while, I decided to port Stackless to
Python 2.4.4.  Most of the work was in manually repairing the horribly
bad merging which Subversion does.

It compiles fine on Windows with Visual Studio 2003, and the tests
run fine.  But what it doesn't do is compile under my MinGW installation,
however that installation is for cross-compiling to ARM so it may be
a problem with it, rather than the port.

What would be of help is if people who compile using the Makefiles/gcc
could give it a shot and let me know if it compiles and tests fine.

http://svn.python.org/projects/stackless/branches/release24-maint/

Once it compiles this is what I do to try the tests, you would need to
modify it as you would do the commands under *nix type environments:

First the Stackless unittests:

cd Stackless\unittests
..\..\PCBuild\python_d.exe runAll.py

Then the standard running of the Python regression tests:

cd ..\..
PCBuild\python_d.exe Lib\test\regrtest.py