[Stackless] Download file names

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 14:31:45 CET 2007

On 1/26/07, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:
> I just went to
>
>    http://www.stackless.com/download
>
> to get Stackless for my 2.4.2 Windows distribution. Happy to see it told
> me I needed to upgrade to 2.4.3 (and even happier that I hadn't already
> upgraded to 2.4.4 ... is a 2.4.4 distribution planned?)

It makes a lot of sense to do so, especially where people have to use
2.4.4 for some reason, but what it comes down to is someone with
the time and interest in doing the work.  And I have a lot of other things
ahead of on my Stackless todo list.  How worthwhile would doing this
be?  Are there that many people stuck on 2.4.4 who can't upgrade to
2.5 to whom this would be of benefit?

> However, the file I have to download to install Stackless is called
> "Python24.zip". Might I encourage whoever is doing the builds to at
> least include the string "Stackless" somewehere in the filename?

Will add it to the list.  Shouldn't be too much work.  And I need to move
the binaries so they are no longer downloaded from the Python SVN, I
think someone was sending me that message when they disallowed me
checking in any further versions of them :-)

Thanks,