[Stackless] Memory leak with Stackless and generators

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Jan 25 23:48:50 CET 2007

Richard Tew wrote:
> On 12/20/06, Stephen Dolan <stedolan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> But, if I run
>> it uses about 250MB RAM after 5 seconds, and steadily increases by
>> about 50MB/sec.
>
> Hi Stephen,
>
> I have tracked down where the memory leak is, and it looks like a
> straightforward problem caused as most 2.5 Stackless generator problems
> were, by my porting efforts.  It should be fixed now.
>
> I have updated:
> - The 2.5 binaries available for download.
> - The 2.5 source code available for download.
> - All affected branches (tags/python-2.5, branches/release25-maint, trunk).

Very self-depracating! Since you seem to be carrying the burden of
bringing the stackless light to the 2.5 darkness, however, I feel you
are entitled to use the rest of us as debugging fodder without apologising.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Skype: holdenweb     http://del.icio.us/steve.holden