[Stackless] verify my performance numbers?

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 08:29:25 CET 2007

On 1/26/07, Andrew Dalke <dalke at dalkescientific.com> wrote:
>    I'm looking for someone to double check my timing findings on
> other OSes.  In short, stackless has 1/10th of the overhead for
> this task than using threads but I don't know how OS-specific
> that is.

I would be interested in seeing the difference if a non-stackless
version of Python was used as well.  The generator implementation in
stackless for instance is supposed to be slower than in basic Python
itself, and Stackless' changes to the core Python code may have some
effect on the timing.  So perhaps if both non-stackless tests were run
on a second, non-stackless install there might be some difference in
the timing.

I do not have Itunes so I cannot run the tests myself.