[Stackless] Stackless WSGI server

Arnar Birgisson arnarbi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 11:05:17 CEST 2007

On 7/12/07, Christian Tismer <tismer at stackless.com> wrote:
> I think we don't need to discuss what is possible.
> Everything is possible, in almost every language.
> It just does not happen without support.

Absolutely, sorry for the noise.

If you guys want to discuss how we would implement a Seaside-like
framework in Stackless, I'm in. Let me know if this is not the right
place for that.

There are some issues (I have to admit I'm not very familiar with
Seaside though and how/if it solves those issues):

Sessionless in it's current form breaks the back-button badly. Can we
solve that somehow while making sense? Would it be feasible (and/or
desireable) to keep around a serialized version of the tasklets
several states back? I.e. say I press the back button then the web
application reverts all of it's state to a previous one by loading an
"old" version of the tasklet.

Backing up from state 4 to state 3, and moving from there to a new
state 4' - should that invalidate state 4 somehow?

What is the most efficient way to store serialized tasklets, files,
database, memcached?

Do we have any way of talking to databases such as sqlite and/or mysql
and doing file I/O without blocking and without resorting to threads?

cheers,
Arnar