[Stackless] Stackless and Twisted Threads Redux

David Wyand TheHeadGnome at gnometech.com
Fri Jul 13 22:39:40 CEST 2007

Greetings All!

Way back in January (I can't believe it!) I had a discussion with Andrew Francis and others here regarding Stackless and Twisted threads.  Since then I've read the discussion that using threads is perhaps not the most ideal method to have the two interoperate.

However back in February and March, I pushed forward to build a test application that applied these principles.  It made use of Stackless, Twisted and Pygame to fly a bunch of AI space ships around.  Unfortunately other projects came up and I had to put it aside.

Recently I've found time to finish it off and add some documentation for others to follow.  If you're interested you may download the Python source and documentation from my web site's Python page:

You may scan the readme, which includes screen shots, from that page.  Enjoy!

- Dave