[Stackless] web.py

Arnar Birgisson arnarbi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 10:29:39 CEST 2007

Hi Matt,

On 7/4/07, Matt Provost <mprovost at termcap.net> wrote:
> I think I partially figured out the problem with stackless and web.py.
> In web.py's httpserver.py file it uses the stdlib BaseHttpServer with
> SocketServer.ThreadingMixIn. If you take out the threading mixin, my
> test code works as expected. This only helps with the built in test
> server though (and forces it to handle requests synchronously). I tried
> getting web.py to hook up to lighttpd using flup with a forking server
> instead of a threaded one, but the behavior didn't change.

If you're interested, I've been working on a Stackless wsgi server. I
have the server part mostly down but I haven't put it out there yet
since I want to do more testing and write some sample applications.

The server uses asyncore for the networking. Let me know if you'd like
to check it out and I'll send you a copy (same goes for anyone).

Arnar