[Stackless] Stackless WSGI server

Matt Provost mprovost at termcap.net
Thu Jul 12 13:22:30 CEST 2007

On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 09:09:12AM +0000, Arnar Birgisson wrote:
> On 7/12/07, Stephan Diehl  wrote:
> > Excelent, now we can do a seaside like web framework...
>
> Absolutely :o) - Even more, we could look into serializing the
> tasklets to move them between servers in a load balanced situation or
> storing them for a longer time.

I've been using tasklets for session management a la seaside and it
works great. You can just make a session object with all your
variables and tasklets in it and pickle it down to a file when the
page is done. On the next page request just unpickle it and start up
the tasklets again. It works great. As long as you treat each session
as read-only, you can for example put them on a network drive and
share them between servers without having to worry about locking.

I'm looking forward to giving the WSGI server a spin with this when I
have some time shortly!

Matt