[Stackless] Stackless WSGI server

Arnar Birgisson arnarbi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 13:06:58 CEST 2007

Hi Seun,

On 7/13/07, Seun Osewa <seun.osewa at gmail.com> wrote:
> I really don't see what's so wonderful about WSGI.
> The old CGI standard and its adaptations (FastCGI, SCGI) were
> pretty good.

I'm no advocate for WSGI in particular - but the fact of the matter is
that the spec is out there, a reference implementation is included in
the 2.5 standard library and it's already pretty widely used in the
Python web community.

WSGI is meant for situations where servers and applications run in the
same process. This allows for the spec to require that python objects
are passed in the environment - whereas SCGI must serialize and
desieralize data every time.

I've seen reports where people find WSGI both easier to set up than
FastCGI/SCGI and faster. I don't have to urls right now to back that
up though..

Arnar