[Stackless] CPU/Memory limiting

TongKe Xue tongke at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 02:22:10 CEST 2007

Hey Everyone,

  I'm working on a massive simulation project (like worldforge). I need to
be able to allow users to script objects in the world. I am thinking of
ussing Ruby as my scripting language of choice. However:

  (1) I need to be able to limit the memory usage of the object.
  (2) I need to be able to limit the CPU cycle usage of the object.

  I.e. I don't want users to use my game to calculate digits of PI.

  Is there a way to let me create these light-weight
tasklets/threadlets/processlets (there's too many objects to have a UNIX
process for each object) such that I can limit the memory/cpu usage on each?

Thanks,