[Stackless] web.py

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 10:16:14 CEST 2007

On 7/4/07, Matt Provost <mprovost at termcap.net> wrote:
> I think I partially figured out the problem with stackless and web.py.
> In web.py's httpserver.py file it uses the stdlib BaseHttpServer with
> SocketServer.ThreadingMixIn. If you take out the threading mixin, my
> test code works as expected. This only helps with the built in test
> server though (and forces it to handle requests synchronously). I tried
> getting web.py to hook up to lighttpd using flup with a forking server
> instead of a threaded one, but the behavior didn't change.

I am not sure if it is what you are wanting, but you can find an
adaptation of the BaseHttpServer so that it handles concurrent
requests with the stacklesssocket module installed here:

http://stacklessexamples.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/examples/networking/basicWebserver.py

If you adapt what it does to the web.py code, it may be of help.